Further explorations in Chivalry & Medieval History
Our Resource Guide is here to help you with further explorations into chivalry and medieval history — historical, fictional, and legendary; chivalry’s extensions into modern times; and some thought-provoking discussions on ethics and social customs.
- Live Presentations – Chivalry Today provides a variety of presentations for schools, youth groups and libraries tailored to fit the unique needs, interests and learning levels of their students or members. While the descriptions here represent some of our more popular offerings, we are always willing to coordinate with teachers, homeschool parents, camp facilitators, librarians and church activity directors to create a unique offering to meet your teaching goals.
- Article Reprints – Reprint rights for Scott’s articles are available to selected magazines, newspapers and websites; you may also be interested in syndicating Scott’s column in your periodical.
- Books – If the thought of becoming a modern knight in shining armor and living by the code of chivalry today intrigues you, we suggest some titles you’ll want to look for in your local library or your favorite bookseller.
- Online – After discovering chivalry today here, you may be hungry for more information in any of several different areas — medieval history, Arthurian literature, historical re-enactment or the ethics of the code of chivalry. We suggest some other online resources you may wish to examine.
- Teaching Guide – More and more teachers today are realizing the value of bringing chivalry into the classroom as part of their units on medieval history and Arthurian literature. Images of knights in armor and tales of heroic adventure are ideal methods of getting students interested in learning and reading (especially kids who don’t respond to traditional assignments). In an this 3 part article originally published in the August, 1995 edition of The History Teacher magazine, Christopher M. Bellitto offers teachers some advice on teaching with the Code of Chivalry.
Books In Print
Our on-line Chivalry Today Bookshop offers a wide variety of classic and bestselling titles, ranging from medieval history and stories of King Arthur (for all ages), to contemporary ethics, psychology, philosophy and literary analysis that is founded on the ideals of the Code of Chivalry. Of course, many of these titles are available in your local library as well. You can browse the full selection of books, audio CDs and DVDs by visiting our store, or focus your selection on the specialty subjects below:
Ethics & Philosophy of Chivalry»
Knights & Chivalry in History»
Medieval Romance & Literature for Children & Adults Alike»
Recently Recommended by Chivalry Today Authors & Guests»
King Arthur & Knights of the Round Table for Young Readers»
After discovering chivalry today here, you may be hungry for more information in any of several different areas — medieval history, Arthurian literature, historical re-enactment or the ethics of the code of chivalry. We suggest some other online resources you may wish to examine.
Click on Category to Jump to Results.
[link-library-cats settings=3] [link-library descoverride=3 settings=3]
- Three Chivalry Lectures – October 14-16 - September 2, 2014
- Conversation With: Dr. Elizabeth Morrison (J. Paul Getty Museum “Chivalry in the Middle Ages”) - July 7, 2014
- Giving Chivalry The Bird - April 30, 2014