Chivalry Today: Reprints and Syndication
Using Scott Farrell’s Chivalry Today essays in your publication or website
Scott Farrell’s weekly column Chivalry Today is not about castles, King Arthur, stuffy English literature or ancient social systems. Scott’s writing and seminars demonstrate that chivalry is alive and well, and has taken on a new meaning in the world of the 21st century. His columns are as fresh as this morning’s front-page headlines, as current as the lifestyles of today’s families and professionals.
Chivalry Today articles cover a range of topics, including business ethics, sports and competition, parenting issues, politics, careers and professions, personal affirmation, and special “holiday themed” columns — all with a twist of chivalry and the knightly virtues. Reprint rights for Scott’s articles are available to selected magazines, newspapers and websites; you may also be interested in syndicating Scott’s column in your periodical. Or, perhaps you are interested in scheduling Scott to speak at your gathering. Whatever the case, arrangements can be made by simply contacting the author through the Chivalry Today website.
The following list provides an idea of the broad range of topics covered in the Chivalry Today weekly column. (This is just a partial listing of all the articles which Scott has available for reprints.)
- Children, Chivalry and Violence A new study demonstrates that adventure stories help kids deal with feelings of rage, fright and helplessness.
- When Heroes Filled the Skies An homage to the generation who served in World War II, and who inspire the heroes of today.
- Courage, Wishes and Memories The unfettered bravery of a boy in a wheelchair reminds us all of the value of taking risks.
- The Noble T-Shirt A day in the gym demonstrates that how we present ourselves makes a lasting impact on the people around us.
- Back-To-School Chivalry Being a student means admitting each day there’s something you don’t know or can’t do; going to school is not for the timid.
- Bullies, Business and Chivalry A new policy at Microsoft highlights the difference between a selfish bully and a valiant competitor.
- Broken Windows and Justice Groundbreaking law-enforcement techniques reveal the delicate connections between demanding justice and obeying the law.
- Halloween Knight Exploring our fascination with the macabre, and children’s need to acknowledge the dark side of human behavior.
- The Lady is a Hero Female characters in popular media — from blockbuster movies to the N.Y. Times Bestseller List — prove that women are knights in shining armor too.
- Chivalry Beyond 9/11 On the one-year anniversary of the tragedy, we are still inspired by the knights in shining armor who proved their valor on that awful day.
- Holiday Chivalry Don’t let your wallet do the talking for your heart — be generous with the truly valuable things that will make a difference in other’s lives.
Thank you for your interest in reprinting or syndicating Scott Farrell’s Chivalry Today articles. We look forward to working with you, and we know your readers will enjoy discovering Chivalry Today and “celebrating the knight in shining armor within us all.”
- Three Chivalry Lectures – October 14-16 - September 2, 2014
- Conversation With: Dr. Elizabeth Morrison (J. Paul Getty Museum “Chivalry in the Middle Ages”) - July 7, 2014
- Giving Chivalry The Bird - April 30, 2014